Monday, February 11, 2008

close brush

So I am sitting here with a neck brace on and a bottle of lortab to hand after flying from an inner tube and planting myself headfirst in a snow bank yesterday. Thank god I am not dead or paralyzed! I'm just in masses of pain and have been told I must rest and stay away from work all week. This seems impossible, but I shall try my best. Up until the 'accident' it had been a beautiful hike up a canyon. We saw three moose and had a little picnic - all with Nancy who was visiting for the weekend. We had planned to go to a movie after the walk but instead got to have our very own episode of ER. Just incase, they insisted on strapping me to one of those backboards a la Hannibal Lector... and I got to have my first cat scan. How was everyone else's weekend?

2 comments:

Alison Williams said...

OMG. What a drama. Hope you enjoyed your week "off," and that the painkillers have been more than adequate. Hopefully you'll have leftovers for future hangovers.

JF said...

Yes, supply is holding. Even with Craig saying each time I cracked open the bottle "Oh, you're taking another of OUR lortab"