Wednesday, May 20, 2009

speechless

A student wrote to me to appeal a failing grade in his Spanish class. He had submitted a doctor's note and wanted to know why this hadn't saved him from an 'F'. I'll quote the note in full tomorrow when I have it in front of me, but suffice it to say that it is clearly a forgery. I wrote back to him and said that before we could discuss his case he would need to submit a proper doctor's note, i.e. on letterhead with contact information for the doctor etc.
Two minutes later, I receive and email that says:
"What is letterheaded?"

1 comment:

Alison Williams said...

My friend Beth once had a student come up to her to say, "I won't be able to take the test on Friday because of the Jewish holiday." Beth replied, "And what Jewish holiday would that be?" No response.