Thursday, June 2, 2011

School's out for summer - almost

This is the last week of school for the children although why anyone bothers I am not sure. There was a four day weekend so no school last Friday or this Monday. They had already handed in all of their textbooks and cleared out their lockers. By yesterday evening it was 9th grade promotion party for Sam and 'yearbook stomp' for Catherine. I drove Sam and three of his friends over - had to roll down all the windows because of the asphyxiating amount of cologne they were all sporting. Here is a picture:

Today they are all at our local amusement park, Lagoon, for the day. Catherine and her friends went up to the university to watch the senior class graduation.

Craig and I had a quiet evening in last night watching an episode of Damages on Netflix. Our peace punctuated by phone call from Sam "How late can I stay out?" Followed by text "Spending the night at Quinn's." Catherine appeared briefly to collect stuff for an overnight at her friend Karli's - "Hi mom, just getting some stuff. Do you want to see Karli's belly button piercing." How could I resist. Not sure if Catherine was there while she got it - it was all of 20 minutes old.
Could not make myself get up for bootcamp this morning.


2 comments:

Alison Williams said...

I hope our boys are such nice teenagers. I'm not enamoured with 3.5 right now.

JaneLL said...

This aunty can hardly wait to meet them all -- the teens and the 3.5 and a baby and all the in-betweens.