Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The plagiarist sues

For anyone following the scintillating story of our now fired faculty plagiarist, Sunday's paper carried the story that he has filed a suit in 3rd district court. The suit is against a history professor named Peter Sluglett (I kid you not). Sluglett is vintage, unreconstructed Englishman of a certain type which, if you read his quotes in the article, you will have no trouble conjuring up. Here is the link:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52514204-78/bakhtiari-sluglett-plagiarism-suit.html.csp

Incase you don't have time to click over to the full version, my personal favorite Sluglett-ism in the piece is:
"After all, I didn’t write these things," he said. "He wrote them. I am no more responsible for his plagiarism than I am for starting the first world war."

No comments: