Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Russia, part umpteenth

Student wants to know:
"Hey, I just realized that I forgot to mention on my housing form that I have sensitive skin: meaning that I can only use laundry detergent that is free & clear of all perfumes & dyes. Does that matter? I was going to bring my own laundry detergent to make it easier, but Julia Mikhailova said that the internal baggage weight for the airlines is only about 44lbs/20kg, and I don't want my luggage to be overweight...sorry about not putting it on the housing form...is the laundry detergent thing going to be an issue at all in Russia? because, if anything, I can have my mom ship me some of our laundry detergent once we get the address where i'm staying..."


Tempted to respond: "Everything is an issue in Russia."
But probably need to be a little less abrupt.


Can  you tell that I am beyond the end of my rope with this program. Today is the day we find out if the students will actually be able to get visas... if not, I may not be responsible for my actions.

No comments: