Monday, May 25, 2009

Holiday Weekend

We toyed with going somewhere for this weekend and then decided that we would much rather (?) spend copious amounts of time on home improvement projects. Yesterday we spent four hours shopping at two Loewes and Costco... Came home with such exciting purchases as a new toilet for the front bathroom. The need for this was driven home at last weekend's party when I had to make my way through the crowd listening to the band play with a large plunger. One look at the situation and I settled for an "out of order" sign on the door and adding "new toilet" to our shopping list. We also got a new ceiling fan for the front entryway. Bye bye to the gold and faux wood thing that has assaulted my eyes since we moved in. What else? New fixtures for the front bathroom - taps, towel rails etc. All not in shiny gold - I guess they were to match the hideous fan. Also new door knobs that are brushed nickel rather than, you guessed it, shiny gold. Craig installed outside shades to the west facing living room window so that we will no longer by able to fry eggs on our sofa in August. The sun is pretty unrelenting though so we may still be able to poach one there... Just finishing my coffee and about to head out with the weed wacker (I have never used one) and cut down all the knee high grass amidst the trees out front.

No comments: