Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the good streak had to end

so far this trip has been a miracle of excellent planning and serendipity. I was particularly pleased with my layover in Paris on the way here, where I bought a pass to the lounge to spend my nine hour layover and had a free 15 minute massage, wrote a large chunk of my paper, and napped for three hours in the quiet room. The overnight hotel in Zagreb was sleek and had a delicious breakfast included in the price. The flight to Zadar went off without a hitch and I walked out of the airport to a bus that dropped me across the street from the hotel.
This morning I overslept. Fortunately I had booked a taxi and they called me from the front desk at 5:37 when I hadn't appeared. Flight to Paris uneventful, but now we have had the dreaded "slight delay" announcement which I am pesimistically envisioning not to be slight.

No comments: