Monday, September 7, 2009

last morning in Zadar

So, I was pretty excited because I planned to have a good sleep last night, but then I had to finish my book so lights didn't go out till after midnight. Then at 1:30 awoken by text from Catherine who was spending the night at our house alone. "power has gone out. What should I do?" I don't know.... I'm in Croatia! We shot messages back and forth, talked briefly and I guess it eventually came back on. Around 3am another message: "How do I turn the swamp cooler back on?" I slept in till nine, had the hotel breakfast and then down to the beach for a last swim which was glorious. Checked out of my room and left my luggage so I could walk into town to do a little shopping. Which I did, followed by calamari at a cafe on the beach. I am just about to head to the bus station to get the bus back to Zagreb and tomorrow at the crack of dawn, I begin the return journey.
PS - a cane with that bikini I mentioned two posts ago is optional

No comments: