Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Up and at 'em

Managed to get myself into work today, but drew masses of sympathy every time I erupted with a chesty cough. Actually it was probably more like "would you please go home, you walking tower of germs." Had to tackle Russian study abroad stuff. The effort of sending a few students there for a few weeks is herculean as it was last year. Today I clicked on the DHL website just to start figuring out where to drop off the signed, stamped original Russian contract in the next couple of days only to see on their main page a blinking item which, of course, had to do with Russia. I mean how many war torn, god forsaken countries do they ship to? And the place that makes the blinking advisory slot is Russia! Turns out I would only have problems if I wanted to ship a non-document to a private individual. Whew. I have a document and an institution so I should be good to go. Then it was a quick check of all the students' visa documents and the inevitable - did you get an HIV test - email to a couple of them. I mean this is way more information than I am really comfortable with.
Work Catherine wanted to know if I was coming to zumba and I told her that sitting in my desk chair for four hours was all the zumba I could handle today.

1 comment:

Alison Williams said...

Poor you, that sounds v irritating, exhausting, and ambiguous. Hate stuff like that. Get better!