Wednesday, March 9, 2011

welcome to spring

On Monday morning Sam remarked that it felt very springlike and then yesterday we woke up to this:Which gave me cause to fall in love with my car all over again. I got up at 5am to go to boot camp and just popped it into 4 wheel drive and navigated the unplowed side streets with no problem whatsoever. When I got back from furious exercising at the crack of dawn I put the icing and sprinkles on this:
What is it you ask? Why, it is a 'king cake' - something they make down in Louisiana at mardi gras time. It looks like a large bagel and must be sprinkled with those three sugar colors. You are supposed to bake a plastic baby doll inside and whoever gets it is "king for the day." We didn't have a plastic baby. Oh, and we didn't eat it. Catherine took it to school for extra credit in her French class.


1 comment:

Alison Williams said...

I love edible assignments! Maybe I should introduce them in my final year option...