Thursday, December 8, 2011

the personal side

A few tips.
1) do not have microdermabrasion on your face right before hugely stressful and important meeting. The first time I had it I was CALM and my face just glowed. Today, i looked a little like a burn victim. Maybe outside mimicking inside?
2) don't trust your dreams. I woke this morning buoyed up by a dream in which I had been fearlessly interacting with a very large cobra. I naturally read cobra as curmudgeon faculty and felt a little more confident.
3) don't think a klonipin will 'take the edge off". When the edge is that precipitous, probably only heroin will do, and I don't think becoming a drug addict will actually solve any problems.

1 comment:

Alison Williams said...

Oh dear. At least if you must leave job in disgust, I think you have a career as a columnist.