Wednesday, December 1, 2010

evening in SLC

Tonight I made dinner (like I do most every night) and it was vile. I don't know what exactly went wrong, but let's just say there was toast made midway through to help us out.
Craig is back from his jaunt to Mexico, just in time for another precipitous decline for the much beloved dog Zoe. On Monday evening she collapsed on the kitchen floor and was completely unable to stand up. Sam and I ended up carrying her upstairs to my room to sleep. It was clear that was where she wanted to go, but each time she tried to get up she ended up splayed on the floor. The next morning she was alright again. Today she didn't come down for breakfast and late afternoon manage to make it to the top of the stairs to be sick (left that for Craig's cleaning pleasure...). Craig has asked me to get the info from my friend at work for her vet who will come to your house to put your pet to sleep. Apparently not only is this nicer for the owners but is also helpful for any remaining dogs who are otherwise traumatized by an unexplained departure. This way they can sniff the departed companion and it is supposed to be easier for them. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Alison Williams said...

A friend of mine at work did it that way. Does sound much nicer all round, and I don't even like dogs.

Anne Richards said...

Poor Zoe. Poor Craig. I suppose it's inevitable but it is sad.